- In episode 6 of The Fundamental Asset Podcast, Chris Boxall, co-founder of Fundamental Asset Management and the Director of the Institute for Fiscal Studies, Paul Johnson, discuss the true cost of running Britain.
Paul and Chris explore taxes, pensions including auto-enrollment, the ageing population, and the future of the state pension.
Paul is perhaps one the UK’s best-known economists, a regular on BBC Radio 4, and writes a column for the Times Newspaper. He is also a published author with a Times bestseller Follow the Money, How Much Does Britain Cost.
Key topics discussed:
• Are we receiving good value for our taxes?
• Will our taxes keep on rising?
• Should we just tax the rich?
• Is growth the answer, or raising taxes?
• How much does the state pension cost?
• Does auto-enrollment solve the problem of funding one’s retirement?
• Does the risk measurement process need an overhaul?
Listen to the podcast by clicking the play button at the top of this page or from the link here (Note: this links you to the Fund Your Retirement site).
Fundamental Asset Management’s AIM IHT ISA and General portfolio is a discretionary investment management service where clients can obtain 100% mitigation from Inheritance Tax, benefit from the capital growth and income afforded by the AIM market and retain control of their assets.
Webinar: “AIM TO SOAR IN ’24?”
Fundamental’s Co-Founders Chris Boxall & Stephen Drabwell look at the topic “AIM to soar in ’24?”. The webinar is CPD eligible.